This post pertains to my child’s 7th gen paperwhite.
As they no longer use it, I wanted to factory reset the device before selling but it was locked with parental control.
Use this method to reset the device:
- Step #1 – do not delete your child’s profiles attached to your account
- Step #2 – if the device does not have a SCREENLOCK CODE, create it first
- a) slide your finger from top of the screen to open up the menu
- b) click on ALL SETTINGS icon
- c) click on DEVICE OPTIONS
- d) click on DEVICE PASSCODE
- e) set the passcode to whatever you want
- Step #3 – click on the X (upper right screen) to exit to the main screen
- Step #4 – press the power button (near the charging port on the bottom) twice
- Step #5 – from the passcode screen, enter 111222777
Entering 111222777 will factory reset the device.
If you are selling, log in to your Amazon account and DEREGISTER this device.